- 1 (abound)to teem
withsomethingthe forest is teeming with birdsel bosque está repleto de pájarosthe streets were teeming with peoplelas calles hervían or estaban abarrotadas de genteshe came teeming with new ideasllegó rebosante de nuevas ideasExample sentences
- The streets teem with hustling, bustling humanity, hag-like beggar women, street urchins and drunken revellers urinating against inn walls, all rubbing shoulders with the gentry in their smart clothes and carriages.
- The streets of Saigon teem with people, noises, and smells like no other city in Asia.
- Today, the same streets teem with chic shops and restaurants, and many of the old factories have been converted into fancy apartments.
- 2also: teeming present participle(crowds/population)Asia's teeming millions
ingentela ingente población asiática
- (pour) it's teeming (with rain)está diluviandothe rain was still teeming downseguía lloviendo a cántarosExample sentences
- So hard was the rain teeming down on Friday that play on the famous golf course was called off before 3pm.
- The residents were piling up sodden carpets and furniture by the roadside, with the rain still teeming down.
- I could have smashed the bottle on the concrete front doorstep, but the rain was teeming down and I would get wet again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.