Translation of telephone in Spanish:
- teléfono (masculine) over the telephone por teléfono (before noun/delante del nombre) [conversation/message/line] telefónico telephone answering machine contestador (masculine) automático telephone receiver auricular (masculine), tubo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , fono (masculine) (Chile) telephone sex sexo (masculine) telefónico, telephone subscriber abonado, (masculine, feminine) see also phoneExample sentences
- Information theory is a field of mathematics that scientists use to analyse strings of data, whether carried by DNA or radio waves or telephone wires.
- Any changes of destination are notified ahead by telephone or radio so that arrival is anticipated.
- Workers communicate by voice in meetings, in hall conversations, and by telephone.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/place] telefonear, llamar por teléfono a you can telephone your order puede hacer su pedido por teléfono
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.