Translation of telephone in Spanish:
- teléfono (masculine) over the telephone por teléfono (before noun/delante del nombre) [conversation/message/line] telefónico telephone answering machine contestador (masculine) automático telephone receiver auricular (masculine), tubo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , fono (masculine) (Chile) telephone sex sexo (masculine) telefónico, telephone subscriber abonado, (masculine, feminine) see also phoneExample sentences
- Information theory is a field of mathematics that scientists use to analyse strings of data, whether carried by DNA or radio waves or telephone wires.
- Any changes of destination are notified ahead by telephone or radio so that arrival is anticipated.
- Workers communicate by voice in meetings, in hall conversations, and by telephone.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/place] telefonear, llamar por teléfono a you can telephone your order puede hacer su pedido por teléfono
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the