Translation of telephone in Spanish:
- teléfono (masculine) over the telephone por teléfono (before noun/delante del nombre) [conversation/message/line] telefónico telephone answering machine contestador (masculine) automático telephone receiver auricular (masculine), tubo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , fono (masculine) (Chile) telephone sex sexo (masculine) telefónico, telephone subscriber abonado, (masculine, feminine) see also phoneExample sentences
- Information theory is a field of mathematics that scientists use to analyse strings of data, whether carried by DNA or radio waves or telephone wires.
- Any changes of destination are notified ahead by telephone or radio so that arrival is anticipated.
- Workers communicate by voice in meetings, in hall conversations, and by telephone.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/place] telefonear, llamar por teléfono a you can telephone your order puede hacer su pedido por teléfono
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to