- 1.1 u (medium) televisión (f) to see sth on television ver* algo en or por (la) televisión what's on television tonight? ¿qué dan esta noche en or por televisión? I've never been o appeared on television no he salido nunca en or por (la) televisión the Queen spoke on television la reina habló por televisión to watch television ver* or mirar (la) televisión (before n) [transmitter/studio/screen] de televisión; [program/broadcast] de televisión, televisivo television announcer locutor, -tora (m,f) de continuidad de televisión television dinnercomida pre-preparada para consumir viendo la televisión television licenselicencia que debe obtenerse para poseer un receptor de televisión television listings programación (f) televisiva or de televisión television lounge o room sala (f) de televisión television network red (f) de televisión television viewer telespectador, -dora (m,f), televidente (mf)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 c television (set) televisor (m), (aparato (m) de) televisión (f) to turn o switch the television on/off poner* or encender* or (AmL tb) prender/apagar* el televisor or la televisión 1.3 u (industry) televisión (f) she works in television trabaja en (la) televisión
- Method of transmitting radio and television signals that promises better-quality picture and sound, and a wider choice of channels.
- By analogy, that term came to be applied to transmitting radio or television signals over a wide area.
- Analog closed circuit television systems require that video tapes be changed daily or at least every other day.
More example sentences
- They have made provision by buying big screen televisions for spectators.
- The race will be shown on big screens and televisions around the grounds.
- At the moment, flat screen televisions are still the sort of thing that only corporate money can buy.
- Our news columns and television broadcasts fail consistently to reflect this diversity.
- Audiences for broadcast television news are suffering a downward flutter.
- The same could be said of the rapid response medium of television news - viewers are now used to seeing human destruction as it happens.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)