Translation of temperance in Spanish:
- 1 (moderation) [formal]templanza (feminine) [formal]temperancia (feminine) [formal]Example sentences
- The idea that social regeneration might come through the adoption of temperance, as temperance advocates argued, encountered some criticism from a minority of churchmen, particularly High Anglicans.
- Though temperance advocates acknowledged that either male or female drinking destroyed domestic happiness, they often reserved their harshest opprobrium for women's drunkenness.
- The appearance of temperance societies, sometimes supported by the medical establishment, caused many to re-evaluate the role of wine in diet and medicine.
- 2 (abstinence from alcohol)abstinencia (feminine) de bebidas alcohólicas(before noun) (movement/league)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.