Translation of temperate in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] [Meteorol] [climate/zone] templadoExample sentences1.2 (moderate) [formal] [person/language/conduct] moderado, comedido
- The temperate climate has mild to warm summers and cool winters.
- Belarus has a temperate continental climate, with a mild and humid winter, a warm summer, and a wet autumn.
- The climate is temperate and is more mild and humid along the western marine coast.
- Ever since that day, she had been extremely temperate in her consumption of alcohol.
- As a result, British masculinity was constructed as a controlled, temperate ideal type.
- A man of a singularly disinterested and modest disposition, he was temperate in speech and act, but zealous for the social and political reforms which were the aims of the radicals in his day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.