Translation of temperature in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 (Physics) air/body/water temperaturela temperatura del aire/cuerpo/aguawhat temperature is the water?¿a qué temperatura está el agua?a sharp increase in temperature
¿cuál es la temperatura del agua?un pronunciado aumento de temperaturahis speech raised the temperature of the discussionsu intervención animó la discusiónExample sentences
- With the outside temperature touching 43 degrees Celsius, the extreme heat policy was in force.
- Only in the study of quantum liquids at temperatures close to absolute zero does experimental accuracy approach Heisenberg's limit.
- Meteorologists compare the two temperatures when calculating humidity and dewpoint.
- 2 (Medicine) to have o run a temperaturetener fiebre or calentura or (Southern Cone) temperaturahe has a temperature of 102°≈ tiene casi 39° de fiebreto take somebody's temperaturetomarle la temperatura a alguienhe has a very high temperaturetiene mucha fiebre or (Southern Cone) mucha temperatura
tiene la temperatura muy altaExample sentences
- If the ambient temperature exceeds body temperature, heat cannot be dissipated by radiation.
- Until my fever broke on the evening of my first full day the nurses would take my temperature and change my ice packs every few hours.
- Your child has to sit still for a short time while you take his temperature.
- For some reason, children's bodies are less able to control high temperatures and fevers and sometimes this seems to cause a seizure.
- They asked if she had a temperature and I replied that she did.
- She had a temperature and some flu-like symptoms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.