- 1.1 (strained) [atmosphere/situation] tensoMore example sentences1.2 (nervous) nervioso, tenso
More example sentences1.3 (taut) [wire] tenso, tirante; [body] tenso, en tensión
- He was suddenly uneasy in the tense silence.
- Nobody said anything for a while, creating an uneasy and tense silence.
- A tense, uneasy silence fell over the room again.
More example sentences
- Whereas she's relatively calm and relaxed, he's tense and anxious.
- The slow, fluid movements help tense, stressed people relax.
- I relaxed myself after being tense for a few minutes.
- She sighed and stretched her tense muscles.
- All of his tense muscles were growing stiff and sore.
- She ran her hands along Elisa's shoulders, smoothing her tense muscles.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- poner* tenso, tensar