- 1.1 (strained)(atmosphere/situation)Example sentences1.2 (nervous)
Example sentences1.3 (taut)
- He was suddenly uneasy in the tense silence.
- Nobody said anything for a while, creating an uneasy and tense silence.
- A tense, uneasy silence fell over the room again.
(body)en tensiónExample sentences
- Whereas she's relatively calm and relaxed, he's tense and anxious.
- The slow, fluid movements help tense, stressed people relax.
- I relaxed myself after being tense for a few minutes.
- She sighed and stretched her tense muscles.
- All of his tense muscles were growing stiff and sore.
- She ran her hands along Elisa's shoulders, smoothing her tense muscles.
- the past/present/future tenseel pasado/presente/futuroExample sentences
- At the moment I am trying to master 5 different tenses of verbs and also adverbs, pronouns and other vocabulary.
- As the network learned, it began to generate ‘digged’ for ‘dug,’ regular past tenses of irregular verbs.
- When my brain was filled with verb tenses, right triangles and pulmonary veins, there was no room for personal thoughts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to