Translation of tenure in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (of property, land)Example sentences
- But without exception, these big operations use leased land, with tenures typically of two to five years.
- The stability of the system is indicated by the fact that long-term leases for a life or for several lives were common, and that these long-term grants tended to turn into hereditary tenures.
- Much of the country was still held in multiple tenures - infield and outfield, with the remainder still held as ‘commonties’ by the local community.
- 2 uncountable or countable (of office, post)Example sentences
- During his tenure, the university experienced its most expansive period of growth.
- During his tenure at Oxford University, he belonged to a group called the inklings, which also included the author C.S. Lewis.
- During the president's tenure in office, he's built an impressive record.
- 3 uncountable (School, University)puesto (masculine) permanente
titularidad (feminine) (en una universidad o colegio)
definitividad (feminine) (Mexico)Example sentences
- College/university music teachers have tenure, rank and their employer's standards that provide professional status for them.
- University teachers have lost tenure and the quality of their teaching and research is regularly assessed by independent bodies.
- Newly divorced and up for tenure at Washington State University, she was faced with trying to eke out a living for herself and her two daughters on an assistant professor's salary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.