Translation of terrace in Spanish:
- 1.1 (patio) terraza (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (balcony) (American English/inglés norteamericano) terraza (feminine) 1.3 (on hillside) terraza (feminine), bancal (masculine)
Example sentences1.4 (row of houses) (British English/inglés británico) [ hilera de casas adosadas ]
- The perforated sheets reappear both outside in the jambs of terraces cut into the building and inside as stylish balustrades.
- Outdoor space is maximised on the tight site, with a large external courtyard off the ground floor waiting area and an outdoor terrace off community health on the first floor.
- All blocks benefit from the shading effect of a huge glass roof that rests gently and lightly on the various buildings above a panoramic terrace.
- Carve a new series of terraces into the slope for easy planting.
- On steep topography, the filter area should be a gradient terrace with a slope that will not allow erosion.
- These terraces consist of a series of stone walls cascading down the side of steep slopes to keep small garden strips from being washed away.
(terraces plural)(British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] gradas (feminine plural), tribunas (feminine plural) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Example sentences
- Jim Loughman, aged 70, is in one of three houses in the terrace still owned by Limerick City Council.
- When the trainer shouts, the group runs up the stadium's terraces, sending long shadows flickering over the steps.
- The 11 senior players had been boycotting training since last week, reporting for work only to watch others train from the terraces of Garden Park stadium.
- Seventies music was blaring out over the tannoy with the Best of Slade and Blondie while fans packed into the ground standing on the terraces behind the goals at both ends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.