- 1.1 (patio) terraza (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (balcony) (American English/inglés norteamericano) terraza (feminine) 1.3 (on hillside) terraza (feminine), bancal (masculine)
More example sentences1.4 (row of houses) (British English/inglés británico) [ hilera de casas adosadas ]
- The perforated sheets reappear both outside in the jambs of terraces cut into the building and inside as stylish balustrades.
- Outdoor space is maximised on the tight site, with a large external courtyard off the ground floor waiting area and an outdoor terrace off community health on the first floor.
- All blocks benefit from the shading effect of a huge glass roof that rests gently and lightly on the various buildings above a panoramic terrace.
More example sentences1.5
- Carve a new series of terraces into the slope for easy planting.
- On steep topography, the filter area should be a gradient terrace with a slope that will not allow erosion.
- These terraces consist of a series of stone walls cascading down the side of steep slopes to keep small garden strips from being washed away.
(terraces plural)(British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] gradas (feminine plural), tribunas (feminine plural) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)More example sentences
- Jim Loughman, aged 70, is in one of three houses in the terrace still owned by Limerick City Council.
- When the trainer shouts, the group runs up the stadium's terraces, sending long shadows flickering over the steps.
- The 11 senior players had been boycotting training since last week, reporting for work only to watch others train from the terraces of Garden Park stadium.
- Seventies music was blaring out over the tannoy with the Best of Slade and Blondie while fans packed into the ground standing on the terraces behind the goals at both ends.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.