Translation of terrible in Spanish:
- 1.1 it will look terrible if we don't goto feel terriblequedará muy mal que no vayamos(ill)sentirse or encontrarse pésimo or muy mal(guilty, ashamed)she had (a) terrible toothache that's terrible!sentirse muy malyou're making a terrible mistake¡qué terrible!the terrible thing is …estás cometiendo un tremendo or terrible errorshe's a terrible one for exaggeratinglo peor del caso es que …you're terrible!es muy exagerada¡qué malo eres!Example sentences
- Instead, he thought about Whitney, worried that she was in pain or that terrible things were happening to her.
- We can see a poor man in terrible trouble yet fail to help him.
- There, amid the danger and terrible conditions, he found a new sense of purpose.
Example sentences1.2 (as intensifier) he's a terrible bore
- ‘This film features the character as a terrible and unpleasant person,’ Roth said adding that he regards himself as an angry man.
- In return, Jamie shuddered that it had been a ‘horrible, terrible film!’
- Do you fear it getting to the administration at all, or do you think this is just a horrible, terrible business scandal?
what a terrible shame!es terriblemente aburridoes un pelmazo [colloquial]it's a terrible waste of time¡qué lástima más grande!1.3 (terrifying) [literary] Ivan the Terriblees una pérdida lamentable de tiempoIván el TerribleExample sentences
- I was never athletic, and I'm terrible at managing anger.
- I love singing but I'm terrible at it, but that won't stop me!
- Most of them are terrible at graphic design, and often see its deployment as an unwelcome imposition on their aesthetic vision.
- Yet we knew a terrible secret far more sinister than Ray Martin's wig or the little green men at Roswell.
- Shuto screamed an ancient battle cry and charged into the night, the only light in the dark the sinister eyes of his terrible adversaries.
- She turned to Wolf with a terrible little smile.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the