Translation of terrible in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very bad) [movie/singer/weather] espantoso, atroz, malísimo, fatal (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar] it will look terrible if we don't go quedará muy mal que no vayamos to feel terrible (ill) sentirse* or encontrarse* pésimo or muy mal (guilty, ashamed) sentirse* muy mal she had (a) terrible toothache tenía un terrible dolor de muelas that's terrible! ¡qué terrible!, ¡qué horror! you're making a terrible mistake estás cometiendo un tremendo or terrible error the terrible thing is … lo peor del caso es que … she's a terrible one for exaggerating es muy exagerada you're terrible! ¡qué malo eres!Example sentences
- Instead, he thought about Whitney, worried that she was in pain or that terrible things were happening to her.
- We can see a poor man in terrible trouble yet fail to help him.
- There, amid the danger and terrible conditions, he found a new sense of purpose.
- ‘This film features the character as a terrible and unpleasant person,’ Roth said adding that he regards himself as an angry man.
- In return, Jamie shuddered that it had been a ‘horrible, terrible film!’
- Do you fear it getting to the administration at all, or do you think this is just a horrible, terrible business scandal?
Example sentences1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) he's a terrible bore es terriblemente aburrido, es un pelmazo [colloquial/familiar] what a terrible shame! ¡qué lástima más grande! it's a terrible waste of time es una pérdida lamentable de tiempo 1.3 (terrifying) [literary/literario] sobrecogedor [literary/literario], imponente Ivan the Terrible Iván el Terrible
- Why would he be selfish enough to kill himself and leave poor Delia with this terrible burden?
- His fiancée was accidentally drowned on the very eve of their wedding and Joseph Scriven was plunged into terrible sorrow.
- For it was only when that shocked medics were able to examine the X-Rays that they were able to judge the full extent of his terrible injury.
- I was never athletic, and I'm terrible at managing anger.
- I love singing but I'm terrible at it, but that won't stop me!
- Most of them are terrible at graphic design, and often see its deployment as an unwelcome imposition on their aesthetic vision.
- Yet we knew a terrible secret far more sinister than Ray Martin's wig or the little green men at Roswell.
- Shuto screamed an ancient battle cry and charged into the night, the only light in the dark the sinister eyes of his terrible adversaries.
- She turned to Wolf with a terrible little smile.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the