Translation of terrible in Spanish:
- 1 (very bad) (movie/singer/weather)fatal (Spain) [colloquial]it will look terrible if we don't goquedará muy mal que no vayamosto feel terrible(ill) sentirse or encontrarse pésimo or muy mal(guilty, ashamed) sentirse muy malshe had (a) terrible toothache that's terrible!¡qué terrible!you're making a terrible mistake
¡qué horror!estás cometiendo un tremendo or terrible errorthe terrible thing is …lo peor del caso es que …she's a terrible one for exaggeratinges muy exageradayou're terrible!¡qué malo eres!Example sentences
- I was never athletic, and I'm terrible at managing anger.
- I love singing but I'm terrible at it, but that won't stop me!
- Most of them are terrible at graphic design, and often see its deployment as an unwelcome imposition on their aesthetic vision.
- Instead, he thought about Whitney, worried that she was in pain or that terrible things were happening to her.
- We can see a poor man in terrible trouble yet fail to help him.
- There, amid the danger and terrible conditions, he found a new sense of purpose.
- ‘This film features the character as a terrible and unpleasant person,’ Roth said adding that he regards himself as an angry man.
- In return, Jamie shuddered that it had been a ‘horrible, terrible film!’
- Do you fear it getting to the administration at all, or do you think this is just a horrible, terrible business scandal?
- 2 (as intensifier) he's a terrible borees terriblemente aburridoes un pelmazo [colloquial]what a terrible shame!¡qué lástima más grande!it's a terrible waste of timees una pérdida lamentable de tiempo
- 3 (terrifying) [literary]sobrecogedor [literary]Ivan the TerribleIván el TerribleExample sentences
- Yet we knew a terrible secret far more sinister than Ray Martin's wig or the little green men at Roswell.
- Shuto screamed an ancient battle cry and charged into the night, the only light in the dark the sinister eyes of his terrible adversaries.
- She turned to Wolf with a terrible little smile.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.