- 1.1 (severely) terriblemente the accident left him terribly disfigured quedó terriblemente desfigurado en el accidente it hurt us terribly nos dolió muchísimo I miss you terribly te echo muchísimo de menosMore example sentences1.2 (very incompetently) [sing/act] terriblemente mal, fatal (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences1.3 [colloquial/familiar] (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) I was terribly worried/nervous estaba preocupadísima/nerviosísima I'm terribly tired estoy terriblemente cansado terribly good buenísimo terribly bad malísimo she's terribly nice es simpatiquísima or (in Spain also/en España también) majísima it was all terribly elegant estuvo todo de lo más elegante, estuvo todo superelegante [colloquial/familiar] I'm not feeling terribly well no me siento muy bien que digamos 1.4 (terrifyingly) [literary/literario] aterradoramente
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.
- When I was being beaten in the ring, terribly beaten, hideously beaten, it would have been easy for me to quit.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.