Translation of terribly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (severely) terriblemente the accident left him terribly disfigured quedó terriblemente desfigurado en el accidente it hurt us terribly nos dolió muchísimo I miss you terribly te echo muchísimo de menosExample sentences1.2 (very incompetently) [sing/act] terriblemente mal, fatal (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 [colloquial/familiar] (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) I was terribly worried/nervous estaba preocupadísima/nerviosísima I'm terribly tired estoy terriblemente cansado terribly good buenísimo terribly bad malísimo she's terribly nice es simpatiquísima or (in Spain also/en España también) majísima it was all terribly elegant estuvo todo de lo más elegante, estuvo todo superelegante [colloquial/familiar] I'm not feeling terribly well no me siento muy bien que digamos 1.4 (terrifyingly) [literary/literario] aterradoramente
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.
- When I was being beaten in the ring, terribly beaten, hideously beaten, it would have been easy for me to quit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.