Translation of terribly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (severely) the accident left him terribly disfiguredquedó terriblemente desfigurado en el accidenteit hurt us terriblynos dolió muchísimoI miss you terriblyte echo muchísimo de menosExample sentences1.2 (very incompetently)
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.
fatal (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 [colloquial] (as intensifier) I was terribly worried/nervous
estaba preocupadísima/nerviosísimaI'm terribly tiredestoy terriblemente cansadoterribly goodbuenísimoterribly bad she's terribly nicees simpatiquísima or (in Spain also) majísimait was all terribly elegantestuvo todo de lo más eleganteI'm not feeling terribly well
- When I was being beaten in the ring, terribly beaten, hideously beaten, it would have been easy for me to quit.
estuvo todo superelegante [colloquial]no me siento muy bien que digamos1.4 (terrifyingly) [literary]aterradoramente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.