Translation of terrific in Spanish:
- 1.1 (great) [colloquial](bore/argument)Example sentences1.2 (very good) [colloquial] the kids had a terrific time at the zoo
he's really terrificlos niños lo pasaron fenomenal or (in Spain also) pipa en el zoo [colloquial](that's) terrific!es un tipo genial or (in Spain also) super majo [colloquial](oh) terrific! [ironic]¡genial! [colloquial]¡fenomenal! [colloquial]¡chévere! (Latin America except Southern Cone) [colloquial]¡(pues) qué bien! [irónico]Example sentences1.3 (frightening) [literary]
- The same goes for De Niro, who plays his part with such terrific intensity.
- There has always been a terrific amount of keeping up with the Joneses.
- In the final the large crowd was enthralled by a game of intense skill and terrific excitement.
- He is an excellent tackler with terrific instincts and the speed to chase down plays.
- It sounded like a terrific idea, but somehow got extremely muddled along the way.
- In the south of France a wonderful woman supervises another terrific restaurant, the Hostellerie Jerome in La Turbie.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.