Translation of terrific in Spanish:
- 1 (great) [colloquial](bore/argument)
- The same goes for De Niro, who plays his part with such terrific intensity.
- There has always been a terrific amount of keeping up with the Joneses.
- In the final the large crowd was enthralled by a game of intense skill and terrific excitement.
- He is an excellent tackler with terrific instincts and the speed to chase down plays.
- It sounded like a terrific idea, but somehow got extremely muddled along the way.
- In the south of France a wonderful woman supervises another terrific restaurant, the Hostellerie Jerome in La Turbie.
- 2 (very good) [colloquial] the kids had a terrific time at the zoolos niños lo pasaron fenomenal or (in Spain also) pipa en el zoo [colloquial]he's really terrifices un tipo genial or (in Spain also) super majo [colloquial](that's) terrific!¡genial! [colloquial](oh) terrific! [ironic]
¡chévere! (Latin America except Southern Cone) [colloquial]¡(pues) qué bien! [ironic]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.