Translation of territorial in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] [rights/sovereignty/dispute] territorialExample sentences1.2 [Zoology/Zoología] [animal/bird] que tiene un sentido muy desarrollado de su territorio
- The notion of jurisdiction is essentially territorial.
- Ideas of territorial integrity and the ownership of territory are very strong.
- Scots emerged as some of the great imperial administrators, they explored the unknown, as soldiers they crushed native opposition and made territorial gains.
- Males of many species of hummingbird are territorial and the territories, which are usually centered around a food source, are aggressively defended by their owners.
- Breeding fighting fish are territorial, defending an area around a nest of mucus-coated bubbles floating on the water surface.
- Further, we have been advised that the wild dogs are very territorial and, if they find any animal in what they consider their territory, they will try to kill it.
- They exhibit strong territorial behaviour during the breeding season.
- Adults are at their lowest weight in the spring as territorial behaviour by the boars and suckling by the sows will have reduced their stored fat to a minimum.
- Fairly early into the same dive at Edy Point, the first of 5 grey reef sharks came up from the depths, curious but keeping a safe distance and displaying no aggressive territorial behaviour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the