Translation of territory in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (land) territorio (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (colony, area) territorio (masculine)
- The leader decided that he would never lose power again and openly declared that he would accept support from anyone including bandits and evil rulers from other territories.
- It is binding on all States in all territories under their jurisdiction or effective control.
- As each of the rulers of these territories claimed he was the rightful successor, a bloody war that lasted for generations was fought.
- I'd only been home for five months, having been living in the hills of the Northern Territories in Canada before this trip.
- The national figures compare Years Three and Five reading and numeracy levels across Australian States and Territories.
- Many of the Australian States and Territories have enacted child welfare legislation during the past decade.
- 2 u and c (of salesman, agent) área (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)); (of animal) territorio (masculine) to encroach on sb's territory invadir el terreno or el territorio de algnExample sentences
- Most species defend small territories only during spawning.
- The off-center peak of this creature's shell allows the limpet to use it like a bulldozer to clear its territory of other animals.
- Breeding pairs defend large territories for nesting and foraging.
- The sales force went through major change in 1992 when regional business managers were appointed with budgetary responsibility for their territory.
- In terms of your own department, function, territory or responsibility, how can your company enhance its market share of some product or service?
- The accountancy/small biz software specialist now wants to be known as Best Software in the US, a territory now responsible for more than half group sales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.