Translation of terror in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (fear) terror (masculine) they fled in terror huyeron aterrorizados or despavoridos to rule by terror gobernar* sembrando el terror terror of the unknown terror a lo desconocido her terror of her father el terror que le tenía a su padre he lives in terror of being found out vive aterrorizado ante la posibilidad de que lo descubran to go in terror of one's life temer por su ( or mi etc) vida to strike terror in(to) sb/sb's heart infundirle terror a algn, infundir el terror en algn the (Reign of) Terror el (Régimen del) TerrorExample sentences1.2 u and c (frightening person, thing) the terrors of war los horrores de la guerra she was the terror of her subordinates tenía aterrorizados a sus subalternos
- Fearing a curse, the townspeople fled in terror as soon as the weather broke.
- I have lived those years both in dread of attending the party and in terror of missing it.
- In fact, it's surprising how little you notice when you've got your eyes firmly shut and you're screaming in terror.
- 2 countable/numerable (difficult person) [colloquial/familiar] that kid is a little terror ese niño es un diablillo [colloquial/familiar] he must be a terror to work for tiene que ser terrible tenerlo como jefe [colloquial/familiar] she's a terror for cleanliness es una maniática de la limpiezaExample sentences
- If you believe children should be seen and not heard, it may be best to avoid visiting during the school holidays - when tiny terrors abound.
- Thankfully, my own little terrors decided to play fair on New Year's Day and let me have a bit of a lie-in until 8.45 am.
- The three Mexican terrors know and respect the Belfast man, who lives and trains in the boxing crossroads of Las Vegas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.