Translation of test in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (exam)(multiple-choice type) test (masculine)aptitude/intelligence testtest (masculine) de aptitud/inteligenciato do o take a testhacer una prueba/un testto give o set somebody a testhacerle or ponerle a alguien una prueba/un testExample sentences1.2 (of machine, vehicle, weapon)
(of drug, treatment) prueba (feminine)nuclear test(before noun) (run/flight)
- Written tests can assess knowledge acquisition and reasoning ability, but they cannot so easily measure skills
- I paid close attention to everything he said, but still came up short on tests and quizzes.
- We asked the parliamentary candidates for Wimbledon to tell us a bit about themselves and then we subjected them to a test of their knowledge of their area.
de pruebaExample sentences1.3 (trial) it was a test of strength/endurance
fue una prueba de fuerza/resistenciathe crisis was a test of her leadership qualities/his loyaltyla crisis puso a prueba su aptitud como líder/su lealtadto put something to the test screen test (Cinema)prueba (feminine) cinematográficato stand the test of timeresistir el paso del tiempo1.4 (analysis, investigation) blood/urine testanálisis (masculine) de sangre/orinaeye/hearing testexamen (masculine) de la vista/del oídothey've sent a sample of blood away for testshan mandado a analizar una muestra de sangrethe test was positiveel análisis dio positivohe/she failed the B-testel contraanálisis dio positivo
- Indeed, many of the assemblies have already passed reliability and quality tests needed to achieve FDA approval.
- All their Mercedes Benz engine parts have passed rigid quality tests for durability and performance as well as all the other car parts.
- On test there was certainly very little buffeting or wind noise.
- 2→ Test match
- 1 (examine)(student/class)
hacerle una prueba a(knowledge/skill)the students are tested monthly
evaluara los estudiantes se les hacen pruebas mensualesto test somebody
onsomethingwhat are they going to be tested on?¿sobre qué va a ser la prueba?do you want me to test you on your verbs?
¿sobre qué los van a examinar?¿quieres que te pregunte or te tome los verbos?to test somebody
forsomethingshe was tested for AIDSse le hizo un análisis para determinar si tenía el sidathe candidates were tested for their initiative
se le hizo la prueba del sidase sometió a los candidatos a una prueba de iniciativa
- 2(product/vehicle/weapon)to test something (out)
poner a prueba
onsomebody/somethinghe tested (out) the recipe on meprobó la receta conmigonot tested on animalsno testado or (esp (Latin America) ) testeado en animalesExample sentences
- The accuracy of electronic voting can be tested by comparing paper records to digital votes but not to recount an entire election.
- Mr Littleboy said his water supply was regularly tested and the most recent screening in the spring had shown no pollution.
- Cosmetics are tested on animals to check if a product such as shampoo may work on a human with no harmful effects.
- 3(friendship/commitment/endurance)the next few days will test the engine to the limit
poner a pruebalos próximos días serán la prueba de fuego del motorExample sentences
- It pointed out that a number of small fires at the centre had ‘severely tested the fire response capability’ there.
- I grabbed it, presuming he was testing it for strength.
- You should inquire about testing her for her strengths.
examinar(hypothesis)you need to have your eyes tested
comprobartienes que hacerte examinar la vistatest the temperature of the waterprueba la temperatura del aguato test something
forsomethingthe eggs were tested for salmonellalos huevos fueron analizados para determinar si estaban infectados de salmonela
- 1 (carry out a test)hacer pruebas(Medicine)to test
forsomethingthey will be testing for fluency and pronunciationharán pruebas de fluidez y pronunciacióndoctors are testing for cancerlos médicos están haciendo análisis para determinar si hay cáncerjust testing! [humorous]era solo para ver qué decíasshe tested positivesu análisis dio positivoExample sentences
- Fetal cells contained in the amniotic fluid will be tested for Down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities.
- Their blood serum was tested for traces of antibodies against the influenza virus.
- Before a transfusion, the donated blood is tested for infectious diseases such as AIDS and hepatitis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.