Translation of testify in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] [formal] prestar declaración, declarar, testificar* to testify
tosth declarar or testificar* algoExample sentences1.2 (demonstrate) [formal] to testify
- Indeed, the only witnesses who testified at the trial were the two plaintiffs themselves.
- All three witnesses have testified that they have not discussed their evidence with each other.
- The lawyer who is a necessary witness should testify and entrust the conduct of the case to another lawyer.
tosth atestiguar* algo, ser* testimonio dealgo, ser* prueba fehaciente dealgoExample sentences
- At every ground there were sell-outs and lock-outs to testify to the greatness of Gallaher's team.
- The Bulgarian Orthodox Church could also testify to a person's Bulgarian descent.
- They all testify to your outstanding clinical skills and unparalleled commitment to the welfare of children.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the