vi (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] [formal] prestar declaración, declarar, testificar* to testify
tosth declarar or testificar* algoMore example sentences1.2 (demonstrate) [formal] to testify
- Indeed, the only witnesses who testified at the trial were the two plaintiffs themselves.
- All three witnesses have testified that they have not discussed their evidence with each other.
- The lawyer who is a necessary witness should testify and entrust the conduct of the case to another lawyer.
tosth atestiguar* algo, ser* testimonio dealgo, ser* prueba fehaciente dealgoMore example sentences
- At every ground there were sell-outs and lock-outs to testify to the greatness of Gallaher's team.
- The Bulgarian Orthodox Church could also testify to a person's Bulgarian descent.
- They all testify to your outstanding clinical skills and unparalleled commitment to the welfare of children.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.