Translation of testimony in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -nies)
- 1.1 u and c [Law/Derecho] declaración (feminine), testimonio (masculine) to give testimony prestar declaraciónExample sentences1.2 (demonstration) [formal] (no plural/sin plural) to be (a) testimony o to bear testimony
- A strong case, according to this view, includes the testimony of an eyewitness.
- In his court testimony Mr. Hughes was asked about windows open in the basement.
- In his testimony in Court, Aleksiejuk reiterated much of his medical notes and letters.
tosth ser* or dar* testimonio dealgo, atestiguar* algoExample sentences
- Hume does not tell us what conditions would raise the quality of testimony to the level of a proof, although what he says later yields some hints.
- Their lack of visibility is testimony to the condition of the former ruling party as an army in retreat from its political responsibilities.
- It is testimony to the spirit the coach has engendered in his side that the home team recovered to win the second half and end up just one converted try behind a team that was supposed to win at a canter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.