Translation of testimony in Spanish:
noun plural -nies
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (Law) to give testimonyprestar declaraciónExample sentences1.2 (demonstration) [formal] (no plural) to be (a) testimony o to bear testimony
- A strong case, according to this view, includes the testimony of an eyewitness.
- In his court testimony Mr. Hughes was asked about windows open in the basement.
- In his testimony in Court, Aleksiejuk reiterated much of his medical notes and letters.
tosomethingser or dar testimonio dealgo
atestiguar algoExample sentences
- Hume does not tell us what conditions would raise the quality of testimony to the level of a proof, although what he says later yields some hints.
- Their lack of visibility is testimony to the condition of the former ruling party as an army in retreat from its political responsibilities.
- It is testimony to the spirit the coach has engendered in his side that the home team recovered to win the second half and end up just one converted try behind a team that was supposed to win at a canter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.