- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (written material) texto (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) text processing procesamiento (m) or tratamiento (m) de textos text processor procesador (masculine) de texto 1.2 countable/numerable (piece of writing) texto (masculine)More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (content, wording) texto (masculine)
More example sentences
- This is a pocket-sized volume running to 130 pages and probably no more than 40,000 words of text.
- It's the first phase in my experiment of editing a dense piece of academic print text for the Web, and I actually posted it at the end of April, but only mentioned it in passing.
- I create an edition that's about 15,000 words of text.
- My initial impression upon reading the title of this book was that a text had finally been written for the layman on how to draw and sketch mineral specimens.
- The Clinic is throwing its doors open to the general public for conserving ancient documents, texts and even damaged books with an offer for protecting them for at least one more century to come.
- Having been orally preserved by scholars after the first Qin Emperor destroyed the Confucian books, the texts had been written down in the new Han script current at the time of their recovery.
- 2 countable/numerable (American English/inglés norteamericano) (textbook) libro (masculine) de textoMore example sentences
- In their screenings of Ienaga's texts, the Textbook Authorisation Council exposed its conviction that the purpose of history education was to create patriotic citizens.
- Someone must have been there at 5am ready to buy all the coffee stained English texts.
- Some like to learn from texts and workbooks; others are more kinesthetic and need to have their ‘hands on’ what they are doing.
- 4 countable/numerable [Telecommunications/Telecomunicaciones] (message) mensaje (m) de texto, sms (m), SMS (m)More example sentences
- The new system lets you send texts to any cellphone in Britain for 12p, and it receives messages free.
- You haven't replied any of my emails, texts, voicemails or anything.
- The product manages phone calls, webcam, emails, texts and instant messaging in one place on a PC, with multi-way video calls expected to be added in 2005.
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.
- mandar un mensaje de texto, textear (Latin America/América Latina)