Translation of texture in Spanish:
- 1.1 (feel, surface) textura (feminine) the smooth texture of a baby's skin la tersura or suavidad de la piel de un bebé 1.2 (of woven fabric) textura (feminine)Example sentences1.3 (consistency) consistencia (feminine)
Example sentences1.4 (of writing, music) textura (feminine)
- The ‘girl’ was cloaked in a brown tartan stuff of a rough texture, poor fabric, no doubt.
- Keep in mind, shrinkage may affect the appearance and texture of dry-clean only fabric.
- For playful touches that contrast with felt's matte texture, thread shiny satin ribbon through slits in the fabric or weave it into a pillow front.
- The frog's brown and yellow coloring, as well as its rough texture, allow it to blend in with the mud and tree trunks in its environment.
- It was sweet and tangy and gooey - a blissful companion of flavours and textures.
- The quartz grains are well-rounded and often show frosted, pitted surface textures.
- Nelson's comping on the vibes creates a texture that is more ethereal than a pianist's and helps define Holland's compositional sound.
- The pentatonicism helps lighten the contrapuntal texture.
- One of the ways in which this foreshadowing of Agnes's death is expressed in the poem is through the swan imagery so deeply embedded in the poem's figural texture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.