Translation of thatch in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (roofing)(paja, juncos etc utilizados como techumbre)
quincha (feminine) (South America)Example sentences
- The downpour continued all night, but nary a drop violated my palm thatch.
- The straw thatch was not two feet above her face.
- High on the roof of the store, weaving a string of Norfolk reeds into the thatch, Billy Betsford looked down at the old man.
- 2 countable (roof)tejado (masculine) de paja ( or de juncos etc)techo (masculine) de quincha (South America)
- (Construction)Example sentences
- The roofs were thatched, turfed or covered in wood shingles, depending on available local resources.
- The grain was used for feeding the livestock and the straw for thatching the roof.
- The homes at the turn of the century were all built from fieldstones and had thatched roofs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.