Translation of thaw in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [snow/ice] derretirse*, fundirse, deshacerse*; [frozen food] descongelarse the atmosphere soon thawed (out) once we got talking en cuanto nos pusimos a hablar el ambiente empezó a relajarse relations between the two countries are thawing las relaciones entre los dos países se están haciendo más cordiales or se están distendiendo his shyness slowly thawed poco a poco fue perdiendo la timidezExample sentences
- Or they abandoned ship altogether and slogged to shore, hoping to regain their vessels when the ice thawed.
- There's never a reason to leave food thawing on the counter.
- But closer study at the nearby University of Alaska revealed an assortment of bacterial cells, many of which came to life as soon as the ice thawed.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [snow/ice] derretir*, fundir, deshacer*; [frozen food] descongelarExample sentences
- To use, thaw the dough in the fridge until it is soft enough to handle.
- They were then thawed, their soft tissues removed, dried in an oven at 60°C for 72 hours and weighed.
- Tissues stored in liquid nitrogen were thawed at room temperature.
impersonal verb/verbo impersonal
- [Meteorol] deshelar*Example sentences
- Today was much warmer and consequently it thawed and roads became very muddy, just as if a heavy rain had fallen.
- But of the state of the pitch, he recalls: ‘During the week, it had snowed, then thawed and then frozen again and there was ice under all that water on the surface.’
thaw out verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento descongelar 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio descongelarse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.