intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [snow/ice] derretirse*, fundirse, deshacerse*; [frozen food] descongelarse the atmosphere soon thawed (out) once we got talking en cuanto nos pusimos a hablar el ambiente empezó a relajarse relations between the two countries are thawing las relaciones entre los dos países se están haciendo más cordiales or se están distendiendo his shyness slowly thawed poco a poco fue perdiendo la timidezMore example sentences
- Or they abandoned ship altogether and slogged to shore, hoping to regain their vessels when the ice thawed.
- There's never a reason to leave food thawing on the counter.
- But closer study at the nearby University of Alaska revealed an assortment of bacterial cells, many of which came to life as soon as the ice thawed.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [snow/ice] derretir*, fundir, deshacer*; [frozen food] descongelarMore example sentences
- To use, thaw the dough in the fridge until it is soft enough to handle.
- They were then thawed, their soft tissues removed, dried in an oven at 60°C for 72 hours and weighed.
- Tissues stored in liquid nitrogen were thawed at room temperature.
impersonal verb/verbo impersonal
- [Meteorol] deshelar*More example sentences
- Today was much warmer and consequently it thawed and roads became very muddy, just as if a heavy rain had fallen.
- But of the state of the pitch, he recalls: ‘During the week, it had snowed, then thawed and then frozen again and there was ice under all that water on the surface.’
thaw out verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento descongelar 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio descongelarse
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.