Translation of theater in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (building)to go to the theatersala (feminine) teatral [journalese](before noun) I've got two theater ticketsir al teatrotengo dos entradas para el teatroExample sentences1.2 uncountable (theatrical world) See examples: the theater
she wants to go into (the) theaterel teatrola escena1.3 uncountable (drama) an important figure in French theaterquiere dedicarse al teatro or a la escenathe Theater of the Absurduna figura importante del teatro francésit's a good piece of theaterel teatro del absurdothe debate made good theateres buen teatroel debate fue de lo más teatral or todo un espectáculo(before noun) (company/critic)theater guidede teatrothe theater worldcartelera (feminine) teatralel mundo del teatro or de las tablasExample sentences
- Performances increasingly moved to theatres with proscenium arches, so the audience now viewed the dancers from the front, though no two spectators would have an identical view.
- The next performance at the theatre is Alan Ayckbourn's ‘Relatively Speaking’.
- A landmark cultural building, either a theatre or an opera house, according to Coyne, will act as a focal point for the area.
- After graduating, Grant dabbled briefly in advertising but plugged away at an acting career in regional theatre.
- Since then he has attended the London Academy for Music and Dramatic Arts, and has been involved in all aspects of theatre including writing, acting and producing.
- He is known for his non-conformist attitude in every field in which he has proven himself, be it politics, theatre or the legal profession.
- They have acquired such a reputation for quality theatre that their shows are always a date for the calendar.
- It has an unrivalled reputation for producing contemporary theatre of the highest quality, invention and energy, and for its dedication to new writing.
- You couldn't get a better experience in terms of theatre.
- 4 countable (area) See examples:theater
ofsomethingthe theater of war/operationsescenario (masculine) dealgoel escenario de la guerra/de operacionesExample sentences
- The question has to be asked, however, what parents were doing allowing their children to be in harm's way in the middle of a bloody theatre of war.
- The theatre of war looms large in France's film culture and this First World War prison drama, based on a true story, was long hailed as one of the greatest films ever made.
- To compound the woes of the invading forces, with every passing day weather conditions in the theatre of war will grow increasingly worse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.