Translation of theater in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (building) teatro (masculine), sala (feminine) teatral [journalese/lenguaje periodístico] to go to the theater ir* al teatro (before noun/delante del nombre) I've got two theater tickets tengo dos entradas para el teatroExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (theatrical world) the theater el teatro, la escena she wants to go into (the) theater quiere dedicarse al teatro or a la escena 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (drama) teatro (masculine) an important figure in French theater una figura importante del teatro francés the Theater of the Absurd el teatro del absurdo it's a good piece of theater es buen teatro the debate made good theater el debate fue de lo más teatral or todo un espectáculo (before noun/delante del nombre) [company/critic] teatral, de teatro theater guide cartelera (feminine) teatral the theater world el mundo del teatro or de las tablas
- Performances increasingly moved to theatres with proscenium arches, so the audience now viewed the dancers from the front, though no two spectators would have an identical view.
- The next performance at the theatre is Alan Ayckbourn's ‘Relatively Speaking’.
- A landmark cultural building, either a theatre or an opera house, according to Coyne, will act as a focal point for the area.
- After graduating, Grant dabbled briefly in advertising but plugged away at an acting career in regional theatre.
- Since then he has attended the London Academy for Music and Dramatic Arts, and has been involved in all aspects of theatre including writing, acting and producing.
- He is known for his non-conformist attitude in every field in which he has proven himself, be it politics, theatre or the legal profession.
- They have acquired such a reputation for quality theatre that their shows are always a date for the calendar.
- It has an unrivalled reputation for producing contemporary theatre of the highest quality, invention and energy, and for its dedication to new writing.
- You couldn't get a better experience in terms of theatre.
- 4 countable/numerable (area) theater
ofsth escenario (masculine) dealgo the theater of war/operations el escenario de la guerra/de operacionesExample sentences
- The question has to be asked, however, what parents were doing allowing their children to be in harm's way in the middle of a bloody theatre of war.
- The theatre of war looms large in France's film culture and this First World War prison drama, based on a true story, was long hailed as one of the greatest films ever made.
- To compound the woes of the invading forces, with every passing day weather conditions in the theatre of war will grow increasingly worse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.