Translation of theater in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (building)teatro (masculine)to go to the theater
sala (feminine) teatral [journalese]ir al teatro(before noun) I've got two theater ticketstengo dos entradas para el teatroExample sentences1.2 uncountable (theatrical world) the theater
el teatroshe wants to go into (the) theater
- Performances increasingly moved to theatres with proscenium arches, so the audience now viewed the dancers from the front, though no two spectators would have an identical view.
- The next performance at the theatre is Alan Ayckbourn's ‘Relatively Speaking’.
- A landmark cultural building, either a theatre or an opera house, according to Coyne, will act as a focal point for the area.
la escenaquiere dedicarse al teatro or a la escena1.3 uncountable (drama) an important figure in French theateruna figura importante del teatro francésthe Theater of the Absurdel teatro del absurdoit's a good piece of theateres buen teatrothe debate made good theaterel debate fue de lo más teatral or todo un espectáculo(before noun) (company/critic)theater guide
de teatrocartelera (feminine) teatralthe theater worldel mundo del teatro or de las tablasExample sentences
- After graduating, Grant dabbled briefly in advertising but plugged away at an acting career in regional theatre.
- Since then he has attended the London Academy for Music and Dramatic Arts, and has been involved in all aspects of theatre including writing, acting and producing.
- He is known for his non-conformist attitude in every field in which he has proven himself, be it politics, theatre or the legal profession.
- They have acquired such a reputation for quality theatre that their shows are always a date for the calendar.
- It has an unrivalled reputation for producing contemporary theatre of the highest quality, invention and energy, and for its dedication to new writing.
- You couldn't get a better experience in terms of theatre.
- 4 countable (area)theater
ofsomethingescenario (masculine)the theater of war/operations dealgoel escenario de la guerra/de operacionesExample sentences
- The question has to be asked, however, what parents were doing allowing their children to be in harm's way in the middle of a bloody theatre of war.
- The theatre of war looms large in France's film culture and this First World War prison drama, based on a true story, was long hailed as one of the greatest films ever made.
- To compound the woes of the invading forces, with every passing day weather conditions in the theatre of war will grow increasingly worse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.