Translation of theme in Spanish:
- 1 (subject, principal idea) a theme which recurs in his later worksun tema que vuelve a aparecer en su obra posteriorher songs have social themessus canciones tratan de temas sociales or tienen una temática socialtheme pub≈ bar (masculine) temáticoExample sentences
- This major exhibition focuses on the theme of desire in Surrealist art.
- The former church will host an installation-based exhibition on the theme of light, which will run from July to October.
- So we decided to have an exhibition on the theme of illumination.
- Another important cause of tension was the persistent use of mythological themes in art and literature, in a society still devoted to Christianity.
- Love, sex, duplicity, betrayal - the abiding themes of literature are all there, along with the fascinating twist that it's all going on under the watchful eye of the public.
- The other day I glanced at the latest of these potted guides, which informed me that ‘childhood is a recurring theme in Scottish literature’.
- 2 2.1 (Cinema, Radio, Television)Example sentences2.2 (principal melody)
- The theme music of the film has become a hit with mobile users in town.
- Pop stardom is simply not on his agenda, with film scores and theme music having significantly more appeal, and in his view, greater longevity in terms of a career.
- It's a pleasure to hear the film's theme music and Nat King Cole's efforts so well presented.
- There are motifs, themes, and recurring melodies, all the things you'd expect from one song blown up to forty minutes.
- Written in the form of a theme and variations, Britten composed a central theme based on a melody by the first great English composer, Henry Purcell.
- His operas reveal careful dramatic planning, and his use of recurring themes and motifs frequently creates conceptual and musical unity within a work.
- 3 (US) (essay)Example sentences
- She had to write a theme once on what book she'd want to have with her if she were stranded on a desert island.
- So how do I go about writing a theme?
- Each student will write a theme on a topic chosen by the teacher or selected through a class activity such as brainstorming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.