- 1.1 [Computing/Informática] [Physics/Física] térmicoMore example sentences1.2 [stream/bath] termal thermal springs fuentes (fpl) termales, termas (fpl)
More example sentences1.3 [underwear/glove] térmico
- In other words, water vapor has a low heat capacity and poor thermal conduction.
- Approximately 35% of the energy from a nuclear explosion is an intense burst of thermal radiation, ie heat.
- Basic research into the electrical and thermal properties of metallic, magnetic and organic materials is leading to the discovery of novel superconductors.
More example sentences
- She is the daughter of Aramkumar, an engineer at the thermal power station in Tuticorin, and Annam, who is an engineer at the Tamil Nadu Water and Drainage Board.
- Work is also continuing on the refurbishment of two units at a large thermal power station in south Baghdad.
- Leaving his job as a designer of thermal power stations, he took a plunge into politics.
- A former Miss UK who traded her swimsuit for thermal underwear and fleecy jackets to compete in the world's toughest endurance challenge is keeping pace with the leaders after a slow start.
- Cold weather gloves, jackets and insulated flying boots combined with thermal underwear will keep you warm during a flight and can save your life in an emergency.
- It has not been much warmer in France than it was in Belgium and we started the first stage in leg warmers, thermal vests, gloves and hats.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
- 1.1 [Meteorology/Meteorología]corriente ascendiente de aire calienteMore example sentences1.2
(thermals plural)(British English/inglés británico) [Clothing/Indumentaria] [colloquial/familiar], ropa (feminine) interior térmicaMore example sentences
- By using thermals, gliders can stay aloft for hours without using power.
- Before too much height is lost, the pilot will seek another thermal, gain height in it, and then set off on course yet again.
- It indicates what rate of climb you seem to be expecting in the next thermal based on your current air speed.
- For sailing I would advise packing at least the same amount of clothes, thermals, jerseys and long johns again.
- It works for pottering around in barefoot at home or layered up with thermals, tights and a cardie for winter workdays.
- I was bundled up in only one coat and a long-sleeved tee shirt, with some thermals and pants over them, along with hiking boots.