Translation of they in Spanish:
Although ellos and ellas are given as translations of they, they are in practice used only for emphasis, or to avoid ambiguity: they went to the theater fueron al teatro; they did it ellos or ellas lo hicieron.
- 1.1 (pl of he, she, it) who are they?¿quiénes son?they didn't comeno vinieronthey're the ones who should apologizeson ellos los que or quienes deberían disculparseExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (indefinite person or persons) someone called, but they didn't leave a message
- Both events might be thought of as forms of eclipse, which is why they merit mention.
- Your joints will then be examined to see if they are swollen and to find out how easily they move.
- The festival will be the first and only time they will have played together since they split up.
llamó una persona, pero no dejó recadothey've dug up the roadhan levantado la calle1.3 (people) they say he's a millionairedicen or se dice que es millonario…, as they say…, como dicen
- I've never had a friend get so mad with me that they turn off their phone and don't turn it back on for two days.
- I mentioned this to someone at work today and they looked at me as if I were a space alien.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.