Translation of thickness in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (of fabric, wire, lips) it comes in two thicknessesviene en dos grosoresExample sentences1.2 countable (layer) wrapped in several thicknesses of newspaper
envuelto en varias capas de periódicoExample sentences
- The scanner takes more than 90 measurements of the hand in terms of length, width, thickness and surface area in the span of one second.
- Measuring instructions: Measure the length, width, and thickness of your chair seat.
- To determine the exact width and thickness of the pieces you'll need, measure the exposed ends of the floorboards.
- The interlining is formed of a number of thicknesses of suitable material.
- Lay down two or more thicknesses of heavy cardboard or 10 to 20 thicknesses of newspaper.
- The board should be made of three or more thicknesses of cardboard.
- 3 (of accent)lo marcadoExample sentences
- Even the tunic which he was wearing had, despite the thickness of the smoke, remained unsullied.
- The quiet was intense because of the thickness of the fog.
- The salon was very impressed with the quality of the hair and the thickness, as it is hard to get enough human hair to make a full length wig.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.