Translation of third class in Spanish:
adjective before noun third-class
- 1.1 (in US)(mail)de franqueo económico(travel)en tercera (clase)(ticket)de tercera (clase)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (inferior)
- The divisions operate on a semiannual schedule, sending spring and fall meeting abstracts and newsletters to their members via third-class mail.
- Note of course that filing a change of address or hold in her name is a crime, and a change of address wouldn't stop the third-class mail anyway.
- The print material is sent via first-class mail the same day the video is sent via third-class mail.
de tercerade baja categoríaExample sentences
- He said the third-class train had no dining car, but that passengers often brought gas cylinders and small stoves aboard despite regulations forbidding it.
- The description of their honeymoon voyage on a third-class train in India is a predictable Orientalist travelogue.
- What, I wondered, were second- and third-class accommodations like?
- Set in 1939, the film tells the story of one widow as she attempts to deal with her third-class status in India.
- If not for its efforts, our society and its institutions would still be quite exclusive, and we would still be truly third-class citizens.
- The triumph of the civil rights movement was that it removed the legal practices of segregation, which made black people second and third-class citizens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.