Translation of thirsty in Spanish:
adjective thirstier, thirstiest
- 1 (person/animal)que tiene sedsediento [literary]the thirsty fieldslos campos sedientos [literary]to be thirstytener sedthese plants are really thirstyestas plantas están pidiendo agua a gritosthe heat makes you thirstyel calor te da sedto be thirsty for revengetener sed or ansias de venganzaestar sediento de venganza [literary]Example sentences
- I heard once, from a bloke in an extremely loud bar, that the reason these places turn up the music is because it gets your adrenalin going, and that makes you thirsty and so you drink more.
- It was a recent Friday in July and I was on my way to the store to get something to drink because I was thirsty.
- I wasn't thirsty, but I drank a couple of mugfuls which went straight through me.
- 2 (causing thirst)(work)
que da sedExample sentences
- What they don't mention is that studying the Talmud is thirsty work.
- Charcoal making was probably thirsty work: little streams run down the woods from springs and seepages.
- And after all the thirsty work of trawling the streets for entertainment or acquisitions you can always drop into one of the town's many pubs which really come into their own at this time of year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.