Translation of thorn in Spanish:
- 1 (spine) to be a thorn in somebody's flesh or sideser una espina que alguien tiene clavadaExample sentences
- Roses ramble over walls, branches stiff with thorns and laden with huge blossoms.
- Certain plants have developed thorns to prevent themselves from being devoured and they work equally well as deterrents for humans too.
- Here in south Texas, where the mesquite brush and most other native plants have thorns and where not a few critters have a mean bite, it helps to be tough.
- 2 (shrub)Example sentences
- ‘They threw me over the back of a camel and told me they would kill me if I cried,’ he said, sitting quietly under a thorn tree on the outskirts of Turalei.
- Instead of a well-equipped school their children are taught beneath the shade of a thorn tree.
- When he reached Glastonbury he planted his staff, which then took root and grew into a thorn tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.