Translation of thorn in Spanish:
- 1.1 (spine) espina (feminine) to be a thorn in sb's flesh o side ser* una espina que algn tiene clavadaExample sentences1.2 (shrub) espino (masculine)
- Roses ramble over walls, branches stiff with thorns and laden with huge blossoms.
- Certain plants have developed thorns to prevent themselves from being devoured and they work equally well as deterrents for humans too.
- Here in south Texas, where the mesquite brush and most other native plants have thorns and where not a few critters have a mean bite, it helps to be tough.
- ‘They threw me over the back of a camel and told me they would kill me if I cried,’ he said, sitting quietly under a thorn tree on the outskirts of Turalei.
- Instead of a well-equipped school their children are taught beneath the shade of a thorn tree.
- When he reached Glastonbury he planted his staff, which then took root and grew into a thorn tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.