- 1.1 [wash/clean] a fondo, a conciencia; [research] rigurosamente, meticulosamente; [examine] minuciosamente, meticulosamente; [work] concienzudamente mix the ingredients thoroughly mezclar bien los ingredientesMore example sentences1.2 (completely) [understand] perfectamente I thoroughly agree estoy completamente or absolutamente de acuerdo we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves nos divertimos muchísimo or [colloquial/familiar] de lo lindo they seem thoroughly fed up parecen estar verdaderamente or absolutamente hartos she's thoroughly unpleasant es de lo más desagradable he's thoroughly honest es honrado a carta cabal
More example sentences
- This involved thoroughly cleaning the house, rather a lot of food preparation and blowing up about twenty balloons.
- Houses and shops are thoroughly cleaned to make a fresh new start and to host holiday visitors.
- Everyone followed him and spilt up, searching the entire island thoroughly.
- Although immensely stressful, she thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of her wedding preparation.
- Although windy, the weather stayed dry and all the participants thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- All the participants thoroughly enjoyed the walk on the famed Pilgrim Path.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.