- 1 1.1 u (intellectual activity) pensamiento (m) modern/Christian thought el pensamiento moderno/cristiano (before n) thought pattern modelo (m) de pensamiento thought process proceso (m) mental 1.2 u (deliberation) after much thought, I've decided that … tras mucho pensarlo or tras reflexionar mucho sobre el asunto, he decidido que … a lot of thought went into this decision se pensó or se reflexionó mucho antes de tomar esta decisión she put a lot of thought into the design pensó mucho el diseño he never gives any thought to his appearance no se preocupa para nada de su aspecto I'll give it some thought lo pensaré I've never given it much thought no me he detenido a pensarlo more thought needs to be given to … hay que considerar más detenidamente … to be deep in thought estar* absorto en sus ( or mis etc) pensamientos to be lost in thought estar* ido
- 2 c 2.1 (reflection) pensamiento (m) impure thoughts malos pensamientos (mpl) to read sb's thoughts adivinarle el pensamiento a algn what are your thoughts on the matter? ¿tú qué opinas al respecto? his thoughts were elsewhere estaba pensando en otra cosa not to give sth a second o another thought at the time I didn't give it another thought en ese momento no le di mayor importancia I mailed it and never gave it a second thought la eché al correo y no volví a pensar en ello to have second thoughts (about sth) I'm having second thoughts about accepting their offer me están entrando dudas sobre si aceptar o no su oferta I've had second thoughts: I don't want to sell the shop he cambiado de idea: no quiero vender la tienda on second thought(s) pensándolo bien 2.2 (idea) idea (f) I've just had a thought se me acaba de ocurrir una idea now, there's a thought pues no es mala idea maybe Hilary knows — that's a thought! quizás Hilary sepa — tienes razón, puede ser she hasn't got a thought in her head es incapaz de pensar it was a kind thought to send her flowers fue todo un detalle mandarle flores it's only a thought, but … no sé, pero se me ocurre que … the thought crossed my mind that … pensé que …, se me ocurrió que … the thought never even entered my head ni se me pasó por la cabeza that thought had occurred to me as well eso mismo se me había ocurrido a míthought
ofsth the mere thought of food made her feel sick le daban náuseas de solo pensar en comida he couldn't bear the thought of leaving them la idea de abandonarlos se le hacía intolerable you must give up any thought of seeing him again tienes que renunciar a la idea de volver a verlo the thought thatla idea de quethe thought that it might have been me la idea de que podría haber sido yoMore example sentences2.3 (concern, consideration) (no pl)thought (
- She turned back to go back to the living room when a sudden thought entered her mind.
- It's hard for you to express ideas and thoughts, making conversations short.
- That probably wasn't the thought going through his mind back in June, though.
forsb/sth) my first thought was for the baby en lo primero que pensé fue en el bebé with no thought o without a thought for her own safety sin pensar para nada en su propia seguridad without a thought for anyone else sin consideración para con los demás, sin pensar en or tener en cuenta a los demás spare a thought for those worse off than yourself acuérdate de or piensa en los que están en peores circunstancias que tú it's the thought that counts [set phrase] lo que importa es la atención or el detalleMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It is a very complicated system, has a lot of merit, but needs a lot of careful thought.
- Good paths are vital to a garden and deserve a lot of thought and attention.
- We in the west need to give careful thought as to how we can reduce environmental pollution.
More example sentences
- I read them with great pleasure but with little or no thought for the agony the poet has gone through.
- Mr Hay said the hackers had spared no thought for his clients trying to trace old friends and colleagues.
- For a short time there was no thought for the testing path ahead of them as they laughed and joked like any household.
- Doctor Conrad strolled over, deep in thought, and sat down on the bed at Danny's feet.
- She stopped then, dabbed at her eyes, and seemed to be deep in thought for a long moment.
- Jake watched her slow, steady breathing, and sat deep in thought, elbows resting on his knees.