Translation of thoughtful in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/conduct] (kind) atento, amable; (considerate) considerado it was thoughtful of you to ask fue un detalle por tu parte el preguntar a present? how thoughtful of you! ¿un regalo? ¡qué detalle! or ¡qué amabilidad! to be thoughtful
ofsth/sb [formal], tener* en cuenta algo/a algnExample sentences1.2 (pensive) pensativo, meditabundo 1.3 (reflective, considered) [book/movie/person] serio, reflexivo
- Michael even bought us both cards and presents which was very thoughtful of him.
- Thank you very much for the parcels of groceries, it was very thoughtful of you all.
- Thank you for the birthday card and the money, it was very thoughtful of you, I appreciate it.
- Your words and the thoughtful reflections of others will help awaken those who can and will make a difference.
- By nature she is a thoughtful, serious girl whose natural reticence has been reinforced by too many rooms full of flashbulbs and poised pens.
- It makes me think that she's just fairly introverted and is quite a thoughtful person, even pensive perhaps.
- The delay in getting it to you was caused in part by life having become rather busy recently and in part by the need to make a careful, thoughtful choice.
- Their careful and thoughtful comments led to marked improvements in nearly all the reports.
- These are two thoughtful performances in a carefully understated film that has a number of erudite lines without ever becoming preachy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.