Translation of threat in Spanish:
- 1 countable (menace, warning) to make a threat against somebodyamenazar a alguienobtaining money with threats (American English) (Law)obtener dinero mediante intimidación or amenazasdeath threatExample sentences
- The inspectors had received repeated death threats from landlords who objected to government inspections.
- Death threats sent by others are being taken seriously as intent to kill the men on their release.
- So she tried suicide threats, guilt trips, manipulation, and even death threats.
- Indeed, there was some evidence in this case that he had made threats of harm to others.
- He was alleged to have forced the complainant by violence or threats to engage in sexual activity with him.
- There was yelling and posturing, but no threats of violence or physical contact.
- 2 countable or uncountable (danger) the nuclear threatla amenaza nuclearthis constitutes a threat to public healthesto constituye una amenaza para la salud de la poblaciónto be under threattheir traditional way of life is under threatsu estilo de vida tradicional se ve amenazadothe factory is under threat of closurela amenaza de cierre se cierne sobre la fábrica
la fábrica corre peligro de que la cierrenExample sentences
- Magistrates said the pub had caused a public nuisance and was likely to cause a threat to public safety in the future.
- The irony is that if there is a threat to Australia, it will most likely come from our region.
- Assuming she stays free of injury, the long jump is likely to be the main threat to her quintuple ambition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.