- 1.1 c (menace, warning) amenaza (f) to make a threat against sb amenazar* a algn obtaining money with threats (AmE) [Law] obtener* dinero mediante intimidación or amenazas death threat amenaza de muerteMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 c u (danger) amenaza (f) the nuclear threat la amenaza nuclear this constitutes a threat to public health esto constituye una amenaza para la salud de la población to be under threat their traditional way of life is under threat su estilo de vida tradicional se ve amenazado the factory is under threat of closure la amenaza de cierre se cierne sobre la fábrica, la fábrica corre peligro de que la cierren
- The inspectors had received repeated death threats from landlords who objected to government inspections.
- Death threats sent by others are being taken seriously as intent to kill the men on their release.
- So she tried suicide threats, guilt trips, manipulation, and even death threats.
More example sentences
- Indeed, there was some evidence in this case that he had made threats of harm to others.
- He was alleged to have forced the complainant by violence or threats to engage in sexual activity with him.
- There was yelling and posturing, but no threats of violence or physical contact.
- Magistrates said the pub had caused a public nuisance and was likely to cause a threat to public safety in the future.
- The irony is that if there is a threat to Australia, it will most likely come from our region.
- Assuming she stays free of injury, the long jump is likely to be the main threat to her quintuple ambition.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.