Translation of three-line whip in Spanish:
- (in UK)(convocatoria de asistencia obligatoria a una sesión parlamentaria)Example sentences
- Failure by MPs to attend a vote with a three-line whip is usually seen as a rebellion against the party and may eventually result in disciplinary action, such as suspension from the parliamentary party.
- Local councillors are almost powerless, and even the best constituency MP is unlikely to rock the boat against a three-line whip in Parliament.
- A member who defies a three-line whip runs the risk of having the party whip withdrawn; this is tantamount to expulsion from the party.
Definition of three-line whip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.