Translation of throb in Spanish:
intransitive verb -bb-
- 1.1 (pulsate, vibrate)(heart/pulse)
latir con fuerza(engine)the city throbs with life
vibrarla ciudad vibra de actividad1.2 (with pain) his leg was throbbingtenía un dolor punzante en la piernamy head is throbbingme va a estallar la cabeza
- 1.1 (of engine)(of heart)1.2 (of wound, headache)
latido (masculine)dolor (masculine) punzanteExample sentences
- Perhaps it was the dull throb of pain or the tyre mark on my shoe that put me in a particularly vicious mood.
- It doesn't hurt as much as throb and that sensitive pain when I eat something hot or cold.
- He forced himself onto his knees, ignoring the dull throb of pain that threatened to flare up any second and crawled a few inches, feeling the air blindly in front of him, before stopping to listen.
- Ease on in to the cool interior and the steady throb of the reggae beat tells you that you are in Marley Country.
- Slowly, a rhythm grew inside my bosom, resulting in a pulsating throb of emotion from the bow to the instrument.
- Occasionally the drumline rides on a steady electronic throb, but that's it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.