Translation of throb in Spanish:
intransitive verb -bb-
- 1 (pulsate, vibrate)(heart/pulse)
latir con fuerza(engine)the city throbs with life
vibrarla ciudad vibra de actividad
- 1 (of engine)(of heart) latido (masculine)Example sentences
- Ease on in to the cool interior and the steady throb of the reggae beat tells you that you are in Marley Country.
- Slowly, a rhythm grew inside my bosom, resulting in a pulsating throb of emotion from the bow to the instrument.
- Occasionally the drumline rides on a steady electronic throb, but that's it.
- 2 (of wound, headache)dolor (masculine) punzanteExample sentences
- Perhaps it was the dull throb of pain or the tyre mark on my shoe that put me in a particularly vicious mood.
- It doesn't hurt as much as throb and that sensitive pain when I eat something hot or cold.
- He forced himself onto his knees, ignoring the dull throb of pain that threatened to flare up any second and crawled a few inches, feeling the air blindly in front of him, before stopping to listen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.