Translation of throes in Spanish:
plural noun death throes
- 1 to be in one's (death) throes o in the throes of deathagonizarthe empire was in its final (death) throes
estar agonizandoel imperio agonizabaExample sentences
- Do you think we are seeing the empire in its death throes?
- If you look at what the dictionary says about throes, it can still be a violent period - the throes of a revolution.
- Unable to bear the death throes of her love affair, she becomes by turns desperate and tenacious, acting out with unbridled fury.
- 2in the throes ofa woman in the throes of childbirthuna mujer en trance de dar a luzthe country was in the throes of civil warel país estaba sumido en una guerra civilthey were in the throes of an argumentestaban en medio de una discusiónwe were in the throes of moving houseestábamos en plena mudanza
estábamos en tren de mudarnos de casa (River Plate area)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.