Translation of throne in Spanish:
- to be on/come to o ascend the throneocupar el/subir or ascender al tronothe Swedish thronela corona suecahe remains the power behind the thronesigue siendo quien detenta realmente el poder(before noun) throne roomsalón (masculine) del tronoExample sentences
- He was seated on his throne in a ceremonial Osiris-like pose, but his eyes betrayed his curiosity.
- To the right of St Edward's chair was another chair of state in which the King was to sit during the sermon, and opposite this on the north side of the chancel were the purple thrones of the bishops.
- The doors led into a large throne room, decorated with marble pillars and stained glass windows.
- What everybody forgot was that, with no Empress or heirs to the throne, there was a distinct power void.
- Just because she had a direct line to the throne and its power, she was dotted over and swarmed with flattery and adoration.
- But behind the scenes, the powers around the throne understood who they were dealing with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.