Translation of throne in Spanish:
- to be on/come to o ascend the thronethe Swedish throneocupar el/subir or ascender al tronohe remains the power behind the thronela corona sueca(before noun) throne roomsigue siendo quien detenta realmente el podersalón (masculine) del tronoExample sentences
- He was seated on his throne in a ceremonial Osiris-like pose, but his eyes betrayed his curiosity.
- To the right of St Edward's chair was another chair of state in which the King was to sit during the sermon, and opposite this on the north side of the chancel were the purple thrones of the bishops.
- The doors led into a large throne room, decorated with marble pillars and stained glass windows.
- What everybody forgot was that, with no Empress or heirs to the throne, there was a distinct power void.
- Just because she had a direct line to the throne and its power, she was dotted over and swarmed with flattery and adoration.
- But behind the scenes, the powers around the throne understood who they were dealing with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than