Translation of throughout in Spanish:
- 1 (all over) See examples: she was famous throughout Europe/the worldthere were notices throughout the buildingera famosa en toda Europa/en todo el mundo or en el mundo enterohabía avisos por todo el edificio
- 1.1 (all over) the house is carpeted throughout1.2 (in time)la casa está totalmente alfombradashe listened in silence throughoutdesde el principio hasta el finhis behavior throughout was irreproachableescuchó en silencio desde el principio hasta el finsu conducta nunca dejó de ser intachableExample sentences
- We did our best to keep you informed of all events happening locally throughout the year.
- I had periods throughout both pregnancies and I just thought I was putting on weight.
- Christmas, Mothers' Day and Easter are the bumper sales events throughout the year.
- The order covers the teenager's movements throughout the whole of England and Wales.
- The quality throughout was of the highest order, especially the young steer class.
- Ashoka is famous for the edicts he ordered to be carved on rocks and pillars throughout his kingdom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the