verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object
See parent entry: → throw
- 1.1 (contribute)(remark)that's even better, threw in Bob
hacer—mejor aún —terció or agregó or añadió Bob1.2 (include) take them all and I'll throw this radio in free!si los lleva todos, le doy esta radio de regalo or de ñapa or (in Southern Cone, Peru also) de yapa1.3 (Sport)(ball)to throw in the sponge o towel
sacartirar la esponja or la toalla
- 1.1 (in soccer, basketball)Example sentences1.2 (in baseball)
- Sergio finds Valeron, who loses the ball but wins a throw-in.
- Silvestre helps him mop up by Heskeying the ball out for a throw-in.
- He boots it up the field and Ball concedes a throw-in deep in the Stuttgart half.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.