Translation of thus in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in this way) [formal]it should be applied thusde este mododebe aplicarse así or de este modoExample sentences1.2 (by this means) See examples:she refused, thus provoking a storm of protest
se negó, provocando con ello una lluvia de protestas
- These results will be placed as pins on the world map and thus capture predefined squares.
- While thus engaged he was, under pretext of union, finally and fatally subjugated by the Scot.
- Can someone retitle this thread so it's spelt properly, and thus easier to find?
- 2 (consequently)I was only 17 and thus unable to votepor lo tantosolo tenía 17 años y por lo tanto or [formal] por consiguiente no podía votarExample sentences
- The results may thus be subject to bias if differential outcomes between treatments change over time.
- The number of patents is thus the measurable result of the R&D efforts of a country.
- Our survey results thus confirm reports that civilians were often direct victims of the war in Angola.
- 3 3.1 (to this extent) [literary] thus fondly3.2thus far [formal] (to this point)thus far we have/had been able to proceed without difficultytan cariñosamentecon tanto cariñothere has/had been no improvement thus farhasta aquí hemos/hasta allí habíamos podido avanzar sin problemashasta ahora/hasta entonces las cosas no han/no habían mejoradoExample sentences
- Labossiere believes the work of the hate crime team has thus far been successful.
- The local government has thus far built shelters to accommodate people from the area.
- How many of us take what we're handed on a platter because nothing better has come along thus far?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.