Translation of thus in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in this way) [formal]asíit should be applied thus
de este mododebe aplicarse así or de este modoExample sentences1.2 (by this means)she refused, thus provoking a storm of protest
se negó, provocando con ello una lluvia de protestasExample sentences
- These results will be placed as pins on the world map and thus capture predefined squares.
- While thus engaged he was, under pretext of union, finally and fatally subjugated by the Scot.
- Can someone retitle this thread so it's spelt properly, and thus easier to find?
- The results may thus be subject to bias if differential outcomes between treatments change over time.
- The number of patents is thus the measurable result of the R&D efforts of a country.
- Our survey results thus confirm reports that civilians were often direct victims of the war in Angola.
- 3 3.1 (to this extent) [literary] thus fondlytan cariñosamente
con tanto cariñoExample sentences3.2thus far [formal] (to this point)thus far we have/had been able to proceed without difficulty
hasta aquí hemos/hasta allí habíamos podido avanzar sin problemasthere has/had been no improvement thus farhasta ahora/hasta entonces las cosas no han/no habían mejorado
- Labossiere believes the work of the hate crime team has thus far been successful.
- The local government has thus far built shelters to accommodate people from the area.
- How many of us take what we're handed on a platter because nothing better has come along thus far?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.