- 1 1.1 (in this way) [formal] así, de este modo it should be applied thus debe aplicarse así or de este modoMore example sentences1.2 (by this means) (sentence adverb/modificador de una oración) she refused, thus provoking a storm of protest se negó, provocando con ello una lluvia de protestas
- These results will be placed as pins on the world map and thus capture predefined squares.
- While thus engaged he was, under pretext of union, finally and fatally subjugated by the Scot.
- Can someone retitle this thread so it's spelt properly, and thus easier to find?
- 2 (consequently) (sentence adverb/modificador de una oración) por lo tanto, por consiguiente [formal] I was only 17 and thus unable to vote solo tenía 17 años y por lo tanto or [formal] por consiguiente no podía votarMore example sentences
- The results may thus be subject to bias if differential outcomes between treatments change over time.
- The number of patents is thus the measurable result of the R&D efforts of a country.
- Our survey results thus confirm reports that civilians were often direct victims of the war in Angola.
- 3 3.1 (to this extent) [literary/literario] tan thus fondly tan cariñosamente, con tanto cariño 3.2thus far [formal] (to this point) thus far we have/had been able to proceed without difficulty hasta aquí hemos/hasta allí habíamos podido avanzar sin problemas there has/had been no improvement thus far hasta ahora/hasta entonces las cosas no han/no habían mejoradoMore example sentences
- Labossiere believes the work of the hate crime team has thus far been successful.
- The local government has thus far built shelters to accommodate people from the area.
- How many of us take what we're handed on a platter because nothing better has come along thus far?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.