Translation of thus in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in this way) [formal]it should be applied thusde este mododebe aplicarse así or de este modoExample sentences1.2 (by this means) See examples:she refused, thus provoking a storm of protest
se negó, provocando con ello una lluvia de protestas
- These results will be placed as pins on the world map and thus capture predefined squares.
- While thus engaged he was, under pretext of union, finally and fatally subjugated by the Scot.
- Can someone retitle this thread so it's spelt properly, and thus easier to find?
- 2 (consequently)I was only 17 and thus unable to votepor lo tantosolo tenía 17 años y por lo tanto or [formal] por consiguiente no podía votarExample sentences
- The results may thus be subject to bias if differential outcomes between treatments change over time.
- The number of patents is thus the measurable result of the R&D efforts of a country.
- Our survey results thus confirm reports that civilians were often direct victims of the war in Angola.
- 3 3.1 (to this extent) [literary] thus fondly3.2thus far [formal] (to this point)thus far we have/had been able to proceed without difficultytan cariñosamentecon tanto cariñothere has/had been no improvement thus farhasta aquí hemos/hasta allí habíamos podido avanzar sin problemashasta ahora/hasta entonces las cosas no han/no habían mejoradoExample sentences
- Labossiere believes the work of the hate crime team has thus far been successful.
- The local government has thus far built shelters to accommodate people from the area.
- How many of us take what we're handed on a platter because nothing better has come along thus far?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.