- 1 1.1 (in this way) [formal] así, de este modo it should be applied thus debe aplicarse así or de este modoMore example sentences1.2 (by this means) she refused, thus provoking a storm of protest se negó, provocando con ello una lluvia de protestas
- These results will be placed as pins on the world map and thus capture predefined squares.
- While thus engaged he was, under pretext of union, finally and fatally subjugated by the Scot.
- Can someone retitle this thread so it's spelt properly, and thus easier to find?
- 2 (consequently) por lo tanto, por consiguiente [formal] I was only 17 and thus unable to vote solo tenía 17 años y por lo tanto or [formal] por consiguiente no podía votarMore example sentences
- The results may thus be subject to bias if differential outcomes between treatments change over time.
- The number of patents is thus the measurable result of the R&D efforts of a country.
- Our survey results thus confirm reports that civilians were often direct victims of the war in Angola.
- 3 3.1 (to this extent) [literary/literario] tan thus fondly tan cariñosamente, con tanto cariño 3.2thus far [formal] (to this point) thus far we have/had been able to proceed without difficulty hasta aquí hemos/hasta allí habíamos podido avanzar sin problemas there has/had been no improvement thus far hasta ahora/hasta entonces las cosas no han/no habían mejoradoMore example sentences
- Labossiere believes the work of the hate crime team has thus far been successful.
- The local government has thus far built shelters to accommodate people from the area.
- How many of us take what we're handed on a platter because nothing better has come along thus far?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.