Translation of ticker tape in Spanish:
- (before noun) a ticker-tape parade (in US)cinta (feminine) de teleimpresoraun desfile triunfalExample sentences
- Hence, a ticker tape automatically records each transaction that occurs on the exchange floor, including trading volume, onto a narrow strip of paper, or tape.
- Once both parties are found, the exchange records the transaction on its ticker tape, and an exchange of money and securities between the parties occurs on settlement.
- I liked the Bull and Bear bar, with its NYSE ticker tape running across the ceiling (so stockbrokers can lose money and drown their sorrows at the same time), and that spectacular entrance lobby.
- But I just don't think a ticker-tape parade is appropriate.
- Chicago has not hosted a baseball World Series ticker-tape parade since 1917, but that may change if things continue to go well for the White Sox.
- Americans like their wars to have clean endings, with ticker-tape parades and a memorial on the Mall in Washington.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.