Translation of ticket in Spanish:
- 1 (for bus, train)boleto (masculine) or (Spain) billete (masculine)(for plane)pasaje (masculine) or (Spain) billete (masculine)(for theater, museum etc)(for baggage, coat etc)(for parking)also: pawn ticketthat role was his ticket to famepapeleta (feminine) de empeñosto be (just) the ticket [colloquial]this screwdriver is just the ticketese papel fue su pasaporte a la famaa glass of sherry: that's just the ticket!este destornillador es justo lo que se necesita(before noun) ticket agency (Theater)una copa de jerez: esto viene como anillo al dedoticket barrieragencia (feminine) de venta de localidadesticket collectorbarrera (feminine) de control de boletos or (Spain) billetesticket inspectorrevisor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)ticket machineinspector, (-tora)revisor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine) (Spain)ticket taker (American English) (Sport, Theater)máquina (feminine) expendedora de boletos or (Spain) billetesportero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)(American English) (Transport)revisor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- However, it is necessary to use a paper ticket for international travel.
- These days the travelers validate their purple tickets or season ticket coupons at automatic turnstiles.
- Although technically open to the public, entry was limited to holders of scarce tickets of admission.
- 2 2.1 (label) 2.2 (for traffic violation)Example sentences2.3 (permit) [colloquial]
- The fact of the matter is that the police see a range of policing as important to reduce crime, including the issuing of tickets for traffic offences.
- Ideally, punishment for marijuana-related offences would be similar to a traffic ticket, or an open alcohol offence.
- Endorsable tickets for offences such as speeding and passing red lights, lead to three points on your licence and a £60 fine.
- They have price tickets and bar codes attached.
- Shipped in a large container from somewhere in the Far East or Eastern Europe, the label and the price ticket will probably have been added in a sweatshop in the north of England.
- 3 (Politics) 3.1 (list of candidates) he ran on the Republican ticketto vote the straight Democratic ticketse presentó como candidato republicano(votar a candidatos demócratas para todos los cargos)to split the ticket(votar a candidatos de diferentes partidos para distintos cargos)3.2 (policy)Example sentences
- These numbers suggest that a coalition of Islamic parties supporting a single ticket could have won the presidency.
- The team is expected to lobby several political parties in a bid to win their support for the ticket in the runoff, he said.
- Alan Jones is an old mate of Turnbull's and naturally supports the ticket and the new constitution.
- Not wanting to run on the same ticket as the LaRouche candidates, Stevenson was listed on the ballot as an independent that year.
- On December 1, both parties announced they will be fielding a joint ticket of candidates under the name of the Kurdish Unity List.
- For this reason, parties seek to ensure that their own voters follow the party ticket and transfer their votes to another candidate of the same party.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.