- → untilExample sentences
- As it happens, the lads are a little bleary-eyed today, having partied till late the previous night.
- The police refused till the previous owners were tracked down and said that would require too much police work.
- The revelers partied on till midnight, until everyone had their fill of food, drink and dancing.
- (cash register)(drawer) caja (feminine)please pay at the tillsírvase pasar por caja [formal]to have one's fingers/hand in the till [colloquial]meter la mano en la cajashe was caught with her fingers/hand in the tillla agarraron or (esp (Spain) ) cogieron con las manos en la masa(before noun) till receiptrecibo (masculine) de cajatill roll
ticket (masculine) de cajarollo (masculine) de cajaExample sentences
- What follows is the city economy in decline, no money in the tills and shops closing.
- The robbers forced the drawers from the two tills on the main counter and the drive-through and ran off with an undisclosed amount of money.
- Questions were raised as to why barcodes were missing from stock and receipts were not used when money passed through the shop tills.
- Example sentences
- Aggie and her husband Pat were farming people who tilled the land, harvested the crops and raised livestock.
- The Tongas whose major occupation has been agriculture used livestock for tilling the land, getting milk for sale and home consumption.
- Just a quarter of the country's farm land is tilled under valid land use contracts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.