Translation of tilt in Spanish:
- 1.1 (slope)inclinarsethe chair nearly tilted overla silla casi se cae para atrásher eyebrows tilted in surprisearqueó las cejas sorprendidaExample sentences1.2 (in jousting)to tilt
- When Morgan left in 1996 the balance of power was tilting gently again towards Kerry.
- It's a travesty because if anything the axis of power has been tilting back towards men in recent years.
- I eased off the brakes and pulled on the power lines by tilting the handles towards me.
atsomebody/somethingacometer or arremeter (lanza en ristre) contraalguien/algoExample sentences
- The same might be said of rifle practice, as compared with bravely tilting at an enemy with spear and shield upon an open field of battle.
- But he's already tilted at, and failed to land, Spain's Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria and Germany's Commerzbank.
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (slope) sideways tiltladeo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (action) to give something a tilt
- But I could feel that we were descending slowly - after two solid days on aeroplanes, my inner ear was sensitive to the tilt of movement.
- A primary factor controlling the seasons and climate is the obliquity, the tilt of the planet's spin axis with respect to the normal to the orbital plane.
- Marked changes in the axial tilt of the Earth have also taken place.
- 2 (jousting contest)(thrust) acometida (feminine) (con la lanza)(at) full tilt he went full tilt into the debateentró de lleno en el debateto take a tilt at somebody/somethingarremeter or emprenderla contra alguien/algo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.