Translation of timing in Spanish:
- 1.1 (choice of time) the timing of the electionla fecha escogida para las eleccionesthe timing of the action was disastrousla acción fue de lo más inoportunathat was good timing: we've just arrivedcalculaste muy bien el tiempo: acabamos de llegarhis timing is excellent: he always arrives when we're about to eat [ironic]es de lo más oportuno: siempre llega cuando estamos a punto de comer [irónico]1.2 (synchronization) 1.3 (Music, Sport) a comedian with brilliant timingun cómico con un genial sentido de la oportunidadExample sentences1.4 (Cars)check/adjust the timing
revise/ajuste la chispa or el encendido(before noun) timing gearengranaje (masculine) de distribuciónExample sentences1.5 (measurement of time) (before noun) timing mechanism o device (of bomb)
- While you may be pulling off various crazy tricks, they all require good timing and excellent control.
- He also has a wonderful sense of timing, and control over both his material and the audience.
- You might be surprised at the interest level and you would have control of the timing.
- If the ignition timing is retarded, the engine will not burn the fuel efficiently.
- He also believes the effect on engines with variable valve timing will be even greater.
- The cylinder timing was on but a bit slow on a couple of the stops, but it was still on and working.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.