Translation of timing in Spanish:
- 1.1 (choice of time) See examples: the timing of the electionthe timing of the action was disastrousla fecha escogida para las eleccionesthat was good timing: we've just arrivedla acción fue de lo más inoportunahis timing is excellent: he always arrives when we're about to eat [ironic]calculaste muy bien el tiempo: acabamos de llegar1.2 (synchronization) 1.3 (Music, Sport) a comedian with brilliant timinges de lo más oportuno: siempre llega cuando estamos a punto de comer [irónico]un cómico con un genial sentido de la oportunidadExample sentences1.4 (Cars)check/adjust the timing
(before noun) timing gearrevise/ajuste la chispa or el encendidoengranaje (masculine) de distribuciónExample sentences1.5 (measurement of time) (before noun) timing mechanism o device (of bomb)
- While you may be pulling off various crazy tricks, they all require good timing and excellent control.
- He also has a wonderful sense of timing, and control over both his material and the audience.
- You might be surprised at the interest level and you would have control of the timing.
- If the ignition timing is retarded, the engine will not burn the fuel efficiently.
- He also believes the effect on engines with variable valve timing will be even greater.
- The cylinder timing was on but a bit slow on a couple of the stops, but it was still on and working.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.