Translation of tint in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (of color) tinte (masculine), matiz (masculine); (color) tono (masculine) pastel tints tonos pastelExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (for hair) tintura (feminine), tinte (masculine)
- Adding tints and shades introduces variety through value.
- Certain tints and shades of colour can be chosen as well as a special pattern or a special blend of fibres to make it lighter or heavier.
- Prodigal servings of pure saturated (often fluorescent) color are fattened further with a rich welter of tints, tones and shades.
- The orange tint coloured her hair and made her skin look ill, but I recognised her.
- Some other things that can cause a very bad hair day include over processing your hair with color, tints, bleach or perms.
- It is a way of life, whether it be a change in colour, tints, hairpieces or whatever.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.