Translation of tissue in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Anatomy, Botany) connective tissuetejido conectivo(before noun) tissue samplemuestra (feminine) de tejidoExample sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.
- This technique has been used for many tissues, including neural and cardiac tissue and cartilage.
- 2 countable (web) [literary] a tissue of liesuna trama de mentirasExample sentences
- In fact, the whole thing sounds like a tissue of lies from beginning to end.
- ‘Anyone who knows me will recognise the orchestrated campaign of character assassination was a tissue of lies,’ he said.
- In his twisted world, this mild exposition is a tissue of lies, misrepresentations, and abuse of power.
- 3 3.1 countable (paper handkerchief)pañuelo (masculine) de papel
Kleenex® (masculine)Example sentences3.2 uncountabletissue (paper) 3.3 uncountable (cloth)
- Your nose is blocked by sudden untapped reserves of mucus, so it's lucky you keep a box of paper tissues beside your bed.
- There's a lot in modern life for which to be thankful and the invention and availability of paper tissues is high on the list.
- Quickly she left the room to go search for a clean tissue to wipe the cut.
- Elements from the paintings have been picked up to create a collection of saris and drapes in brocades, georgettes, tissue and jacquard crepe de chine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.