- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Anatomy/Anatomía] [Botany/Botánica] tejido (masculine) connective tissue tejido conectivo (before noun/delante del nombre) tissue sample muestra (feminine) de tejidoMore example sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.
- This technique has been used for many tissues, including neural and cardiac tissue and cartilage.
- 2 countable/numerable (web) [literary/literario] trama (feminine) a tissue of lies una trama de mentirasMore example sentences
- In fact, the whole thing sounds like a tissue of lies from beginning to end.
- ‘Anyone who knows me will recognise the orchestrated campaign of character assassination was a tissue of lies,’ he said.
- In his twisted world, this mild exposition is a tissue of lies, misrepresentations, and abuse of power.
- 3 3.1 countable/numerable (paper handkerchief) pañuelo (masculine) de papel, Kleenex® (masculine) 3.2 uncountable/no numerable tissue (paper) papel (masculine) de seda 3.3 uncountable/no numerable (cloth) tisú (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Elements from the paintings have been picked up to create a collection of saris and drapes in brocades, georgettes, tissue and jacquard crepe de chine.
- Your nose is blocked by sudden untapped reserves of mucus, so it's lucky you keep a box of paper tissues beside your bed.
- There's a lot in modern life for which to be thankful and the invention and availability of paper tissues is high on the list.
- Quickly she left the room to go search for a clean tissue to wipe the cut.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.