Translation of toe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of foot) dedo (masculine) ([ del pie ]) I dipped a toe in the water metí la punta del pie en el agua from head o tip o top to toe de pies a cabeza, de arriba a abajo to be on one's toes estar* or mantenerse* alerta to keep sb on her/his toes hacer* que algn se mantenga alerta you'll find a baby will keep you on your toes ya verás cómo un bebé te tiene al trote to stand/go toe to toe with sb (American English/inglés norteamericano) estar* a la altura de algn to step o tread on sb's toes [colloquial/familiar] (offend) ofender a algn (lit) pisar a algnExample sentences1.2 (of sock) punta (feminine); (of shoe) puntera (feminine), punta (feminine)
- Though the toes of the human foot are generally not capable of independent or precise movement, the flexor muscles of the big toe are vital to our gait.
- I type this having regained the feeling in my fingers, toes, trapezius, gluteus maximus and cerebral cortex.
- A bunion occurs as a result of a deformity in the big toe known as hallux valgus, where hallux means the big toe and valgus means abnormal bending towards the other toes.
- Cloth shoes do not provide this protection, nor does footwear with open toes and/or heels.
- I especially love the pointy toes and kitten heels, giving it extra style and some height, making it distinctly feminine.
- Her white woolen dress hung low, almost covering the toes of her own leather boots.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (toes, toeing, toed)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.