Translation of toe in Spanish:
- 1 (of foot)dedo (masculine) (del pie)I dipped a toe in the watermetí la punta del pie en el aguafrom head or tip or top to toede pies a cabezato be on one's toes
de arriba a abajoestar or mantenerse alertato keep somebody on her/his toeshacer que alguien se mantenga alertayou'll find a baby will keep you on your toesya verás cómo un bebé te tiene al troteto stand/go toe to toe with somebody (US)estar a la altura de alguiento step or tread on somebody's toes [colloquial](offend) ofender a alguien(lit) pisar a alguienExample sentences
- Though the toes of the human foot are generally not capable of independent or precise movement, the flexor muscles of the big toe are vital to our gait.
- I type this having regained the feeling in my fingers, toes, trapezius, gluteus maximus and cerebral cortex.
- A bunion occurs as a result of a deformity in the big toe known as hallux valgus, where hallux means the big toe and valgus means abnormal bending towards the other toes.
- 2(of sock) punta (feminine)Example sentences
- Cloth shoes do not provide this protection, nor does footwear with open toes and/or heels.
- I especially love the pointy toes and kitten heels, giving it extra style and some height, making it distinctly feminine.
- Her white woolen dress hung low, almost covering the toes of her own leather boots.
transitive verb toes, toeing, toed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.