Translation of toilet in Spanish:
- 1 countable (room)baño (masculine) (esp Latin America)
servicio (masculine) (esp Spain)
váter (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial](bowl) water (masculine)to go to the toilet
váter (masculine) (Spain)
excusado (masculine) [dated]ir al baño (esp Latin America)ir al váter or al servicio (esp Spain)to throw or flush something down the toilettirar algo por el water or (Spain) váterpublic toiletsbaños (masculine plural) públicos (esp Latin America)servicios (masculine plural) (esp Spain)Example sentences
- Seat covers have been available for decades, and it used correctly, most seat covers will flush down the toilet without the user touching them.
- You probably wash up your dirty dishes immediately after eating, and stick bleach down the toilet with every tenth flush.
- A third of all household water is flushed down the toilet, so control the amount of water you use by putting a plastic bottle or ‘hippo’ in your cistern.
- Although work is on a public floor of the building, the toilets are locked, secured by carefully guarded keys.
- Marketing is described as weak and many buildings lacked public toilets, baby changing facilities and refreshment areas.
- In the toilets, the one cubicle with a working light had a broken lock.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.