Translation of toilet in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (room) baño (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , servicio (masculine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) , váter (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]; (bowl) water (masculine) or (Spain/España) váter (masculine), taza (feminine), inodoro (masculine), excusado (masculine) [anticuado] to go to the toilet ir* al baño (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , ir* al váter or al servicio (especially Spain/especialmente España) to throw o flush sth down the toilet tirar algo por el water or (Spain/España) váter public toilets baños (masculine plural) públicos (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , servicios (masculine plural) (especially Spain/especialmente España)Example sentences
- Seat covers have been available for decades, and it used correctly, most seat covers will flush down the toilet without the user touching them.
- You probably wash up your dirty dishes immediately after eating, and stick bleach down the toilet with every tenth flush.
- A third of all household water is flushed down the toilet, so control the amount of water you use by putting a plastic bottle or ‘hippo’ in your cistern.
- Although work is on a public floor of the building, the toilets are locked, secured by carefully guarded keys.
- Marketing is described as weak and many buildings lacked public toilets, baby changing facilities and refreshment areas.
- In the toilets, the one cubicle with a working light had a broken lock.
- She quickly changed into an older dress and completed a brief toilet.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [archaic] (washing and dressing) arreglo (masculine) personal, toilette (feminine) [humorous/humorístico] to be at one's toilet estar* arreglándose, estar* haciéndose la toilette [humorous/humorístico] (before noun/delante del nombre) toilet articles artículos (masculine) de tocador
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.