Translation of toilet in Spanish:
- 1 countable (room)baño (masculine) (esp (Latin America) )
servicio (masculine) (esp (Spain) )
váter (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial](bowl) water (masculine)to go to the toilet
(Spain) váter (masculine)
excusado (masculine) [dated]ir al baño (esp (Latin America) )ir al váter or al servicio (esp (Spain) )to throw o flush something down the toilettirar algo por el water or (Spain) váterpublic toiletsbaños (masculine plural) públicos (esp (Latin America) )servicios (masculine plural) (esp (Spain) )Example sentences
- Seat covers have been available for decades, and it used correctly, most seat covers will flush down the toilet without the user touching them.
- You probably wash up your dirty dishes immediately after eating, and stick bleach down the toilet with every tenth flush.
- A third of all household water is flushed down the toilet, so control the amount of water you use by putting a plastic bottle or ‘hippo’ in your cistern.
- Although work is on a public floor of the building, the toilets are locked, secured by carefully guarded keys.
- Marketing is described as weak and many buildings lacked public toilets, baby changing facilities and refreshment areas.
- In the toilets, the one cubicle with a working light had a broken lock.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.